Welcome to Millwood Kindergarten Center’s Counselor’s Corner! My mission as your school counselor is to help support the social, emotional and developmental needs of all Millwood students. I am committed to educate, engage and empower parents, families and staff members in order to create a safe and thriving campus for all.
Here are some of the services we currently provide to our students and families:
- Conflict-resolution program called Kelso’s Choice to help students problem solve on their own
- CST (Child Study Team) meetings to help identify/create academic and behavior support plans
- Crisis intervention and individual counseling for students in crisis
- Friendship groups, leadership groups and other small-group counseling focused on building age-appropriate social/life skills
- Kelly Bear C.A.R.E.S. Program focused on building confidence and resiliency skills
- PACE (Partners Advancing Character Education) classroom instruction
- Positive behavior supports and preventative behavior interventions
- Referrals to community resources including mental health therapists, child development/trauma specialists, housing, food banks, parenting workshops and clothing stores
- Refocus/calm-down area located in the counseling center
- Section 504 Accommodation Plan development/case management
- Schoolwide PBIS reward system which includes positive rewards such as Cub Paws, students of the month and classroom parties
- Weekend food program offered through Bite 2 Go/2nd Harvest and Victory Faith Fellowship
It is my intention to be available to help in any way I can, so please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the well-being of your child.
Millwood Kindergarten Center